Charles “Andy” Andrews
As a Senior Technical Consultant at Guardian Computer, Charles “Andy” Andrews tackles a wide array of responsibilities, from research and development for exciting new advancements to security audits, to specialized project assignments. In the course of these duties, Andy often utilizes the fleet of certifications he has accumulated from Microsoft, Cisco, and more. His skills are also fortified by an extensive background in technical engineering which stretches back 14 years. Andy has spent the last 9 years with Guardian Computer, which he happily refers to as his “forever job.”
A love of solving puzzles brought Andy to the field of technical engineering, which he describes as an ever-changing landscape that keeps him on his toes. Andy’s passion for the industry has led him to rewarding opportunities like teaching a class on the Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) at Southern University at New Orleans. He also received an award for his talents at the 2014 Tiger Trap Tournament, a major ethical hacking event.
Andy is a member of a variety of tech associations, including the Information Security Audit and Compliance Association (ISACA) and the Gulf South Chapter of the International Information System Security Certification Consortium, or (ISC)2. He says his motivation comes from the people he helps and the sense of accomplishment that comes from finishing a project or getting a client back online.
When he wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Andy likes to go hiking, a hobby he now shares with his two-year-old labradane puppy. He also enjoys playing Dungeons & Dragons every other weekend. His DnD group has grown to include his two sons and has been meeting up consistently for the last 16 years.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert for Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Microsoft Certified Specialist for Hyper-V
- VMware Certified Professional
- Cisco Certified Network Associate for Route, Switch, Security, Voice, and Collaboration
- Certified Meraki Network Operator
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, and Cloud+
Associate of Science in Computer Network Technology with a focus on Network Security from Herzing University
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- VMware infrastructure, including high availability, fault tolerance, and load balancing
- Windows Server, including Active Directory, Group Policy Management, and Windows Deployment
- Cisco routing and switching
- VPN setup
- Cyber Security Evaluation Toolkit (CSET)
- HIPAA compliance
- PCI compliance